Study Leave for Railway Employees
Study Leave is granted to Railway Employees with 5 years of regular service, for higher studies and training connected to his duties.Railway servants availing SL must have minimum of 3 years service to serve on return.SL is granted on the consideration that it is advantageous to the Government.It is granted up to 12 months in general and in special cases up to 24 months.SL can be combined with other leave (other than EXL) up to 28 months and forP.hd up to 36 months.GM or HOD can sanction study leave for study with in India and by Railway Board for study abroad with finance concurrence.
Study Leave for Railway Employees Important Points
- Study leave is sanctioned to the employees on completion of 5 years service in Railway.
- This leave is sanctioned for higher studies useful for Railways.
- After returning from Study leave, employees should work at least 3 years in Railways.
- Initially Study leave is sanctioned for 12 months.
- It can be extended up to 24 months.
- Railway Doctors can be sanctioned up to 36 months.
- This leave is not debited to any leave account.
- Full salary is paid during Study leave by reducing Stipend or Scholarship, if any.
- On completion of course, a pass certificate should be produced.
- Otherwise, the entire salary should be refunded.
- Study leave can be combined with any other kind of leave.
- If combined, total leave should not exceed 28 months and for Phd 36 months.
What is the study leave policy for railway employees?
Study leave is sanctioned to the employees on completion of 5 years of service in the Railway.
How much salary will be paid during study leave?
Full salary is paid during Study leave by reducing Stipend or Scholarship, if any.
Whether study leave combined with any other leave?
Study leave can be combined with any other kind of leave.
Follow us on Telegram Channel and Facebook for all the latest updates
Leave a Reply