LHAP for Railway Employees – Leave on Half Average Pay
Railway Employees are eligible for 20 days of LHAP in a year.It will be credited in two installments of 10 days each on 1st of January and July every year.In the case of appointment or retirement in any part of a half-year credit shall be given at the rate of 5/3 day per month up to the end of particular half year.There is no maximum limit specified for accumulation of LHAP. Half pay is admissible during the period of LHAP.
In case of periods of absence, EXI, suspension and Dies-Non etc. 1/18th of such period will be debited to the LHAP account.For overstay after expiry of leave. LHAP will be debited to an extent up to the period of overstay and if LHAP is not available for the purpose the same will be treated as EXL. School staff are not eligible for LHAP.
LHAP for Railway Employees Important Points
- Railway employees are eligible for 20 days LHAP in a year.
- It is credited to the leave account in two installments @ 10 days each. ( 10 days on 1 st January and 10 days on 1st July).
- In the case of appointment or retirement in any part of half year credit shall be given at the rate of 5/3 days per month up to the end of that half year.
- In case of unauthorized absence, suspension, dies-non etc, 1/18 th of such period to the LHAP account.
- There is no maximum limit for accumulation.
- During LHAP employees are paid half pay salary.
- On retirement LHAP can not been-cashed. However, if 300 days of LAP is not available for encashment, LHAP to the extent of the difference can be en-cashed.
- Employees can opt for conversion of sick period into LHAP, it can be accepted and double the amount of sick period will be debited to LHAP account.
How many LHAP leaves are eligible for Railway Employees?
Railway employees are eligible for 20 days LHAP in a year
Whether salary will be paid during LHAP?
During LHAP railway employees are paid half pay salary.
Whether leave encashment available for Railway Employees for LHAP?
On retirement LHAP can not been-cashed. However, if 300 days of LAP is not available for encashment, LHAP to the extent of the difference can be en-cashed.