LND for Railway Employees – Leave not due
LND is granted to permanent employees up to 360 days in the entire service on medical grounds, when the employee has no LAP or LHAPat his credit. LND is granted against the future earnings of LHAP.It is granted only when there is reasonable prospect on the employee returning to duty on expiry of the leave to earn and adjust the LND sanctioned. Pay admissible on LHAP is allowed during the period of LND.School staff are not entitled for LND.
If the employee resigns or retires while on LND, the LND granted is cancelled and the salary already paid is recovered.Such resignation and VR are given effect from the date of commencement of leave. If the retirement is forced upon the employee or death occurs while on LND, salary already paid will not be recovered.
LND may also be granted to temporary employees with one year of service, up to 360 days in the entire service for treatment of TB, cancer and leprosy provided that there is every possibility of the employee returning to duty after expiry of the leave to earn required LHAP for adjustment and the post from which he proceed on leave is likely to last till his return.
During the period of LND pay as allowed on LHAP is paid.
LND is not admissible to school teachers, laboratory assistants, librarians and waterman attached to schools, as they are not eligible for LHAP.
LND for Railway Employees Important Points
- Leave not due is sanctioned when the employee is not having LAP or LHAP balance.
- This leave is sanctioned on a Medical Certificate.
- In the entire service maximum 360 days LND can be sanctioned.
- Only half pay is paid during LND like in LHAP.
- This is like overdraft of LHAP.( Advance sanction of LHAP)
- Sanctioning authority should believe that after LND employees will come back to work and earn an equal amount of LHAP for debiting LND to LHAP account.
- It can be in continuation to LAP and LHAP.
Whether railway employees avail LND during LAP?
Leave not due is sanctioned when the employee is not having LAP or LHAP balance.
How many days LND is applicable to Railway Employees?
In the entire service maximum 360 days LND can be sanctioned
Follow us on Telegram Channel and Facebook for all the latest updates
Leave a Reply