PL for Railway Employees – Paternity Leave
Paternity Leave is granted to male Railway employees with less than 2 surviving children for a period up to 15 days during the period of confinement of their wife. It is not debited to the leave account of the employee.PL should be availed in one spell within 6 moths from the date of delivery and up to 15 days prior to the date of delivery.PL should not normally be refused to.Normal salary is allowed during the period of PL.Casual labour attained temporary status are also granted PL up to 15 days and it should be availed by them within 135 days from the date of delivery.
Also Read: ML for Railway Employees – Maternity Leave
Paternity Leave for Railway Employees Important Points
- PL is sanctioned to male employees.
- Employees should have less than 2 surviving children.
- Period of this leave is 15 days.
- PL is sanctioned during confinement of the wife (i.e. 15 days before or within 6 months from delivery date).
- If PL is not availed within the above period, it will lapse.
- PL is sanctioned even for adoption of a child of less than one year age.
- PL is not debited to any leave account.
- Full salary is paid during PL.
- PL can be combined with any other kind of leave
Who is eligible for Paternity Leave?
Paternity Leave is granted to male Railway employees with less than 2 surviving children
How may Paternity leave is eligible for railway employees?
Upto 15 days granted to employees for Paternity leave
Whether salary is paid during Paternity leave?
Full salary is paid during Paternity Leave