ML for Railway Employees – Maternity Leave
Maternity leave is granted to female Railway employees with less than 2 surviving children. It is granted up to 135 days per occasion during the period of confinement and up to 45 days for miscarriage/abortion in the entire service.Maternity leave can be combined with other leave up to one year without production of medical certificate and on production of medical certificate beyond one year.Normal salary is allowed during the period of Maternity Leave
Maternity Leave for Railway Employees Important Points
- ML is sanctioned to female employees.
- ML is sanctioned for Pregnancy /Miscarriage / Abortion.
- For Pregnancy 180 days ML is sanctioned.
- For miscarriage and abortion 45 days ML is sanctioned in entire service.
- Employees should have less than 2 children for ML in case of pregnancy.
- No restriction on the number of children in case of Miscarriage/abortion. Only a Medical Certificate is sufficient.
- ML can be combined with any other kind of leave.
- If combined with any other kind of leave (including LND up to 60 days) total leave is restricted to two years.
- ML is not debited to any other leave account.
- Full salary is paid during ML.
Whether salary is paid during Maternity Leave?
Yes, Full salary is paid during ML.
Whether maternity leave sanctioned for Miscarriage?
Maternity Leave is sanctioned for Pregnancy / Miscarriage / Abortion.
Who is eligible for maternity leave?
Employees should have less than 2 children for ML in case of pregnancy.
Follow us on Telegram Channel and Facebook for all the latest updates
Leave a Reply